Mostashari headines August big data conference in DC
Farzad Mostashari, MD, the national coordinator for healthcare IT, will deliver the keynote presentation at the eHealth Initiative's 2nd Annual National Forum on Data and Analytics in healthcare. HIMSS is a partner in the upcoming event, which takes place August 1-2, 2013 at the Gaylord National Resort Hotel and Convention Center in the Washington, DC area.
The event will bring together providers, payers, researchers, clinicians and industry leaders focused on using analytics to improve clinical, financial and administrative decisions at critical points in the healthcare system.??
This two-day event will feature a series of case studies and interactive multi-stakeholder panels on integrating different systems and transforming data into actionable healthcare intelligence.
This conference will provide detailed and practical instruction on how to effectively manage and use data across healthcare, research and surveillance.
Discussion topics include:
- Achieving quality improvement through data and analytics.
- Leveraging analytics to facilitate accountable care.
- Integrating big data and EHR systems.
- Predictive analytics for genomics and personalized medicine.
- Policy/privacy issues in the era of big data & analytics.
- Care transformation in Oregon and the use of data and analytics.
- Health insurance exchange (HIX) analytics.
- Analytic techniques for community, population health management and surveillance.
- Driving down healthcare costs: using data and analytics to achieve savings.
- Building the business case for data analytics.